If we look at the activity across the WordPress platform, we can see that bloggers that use WordPress release approximately six posts a second worldwide.
Actually, due to its easy-to-use interface and system, it isn’t only bloggers that have their solid websites hosted on it, but also different commercial organizations as well.
According to our data, millions of websites use this platform, and WordPress is the most popular website builder in the world.
To find out exactly which remarkable sites use this content management system, this is my list of the 7 notable websites using WordPress.
TechCrunch is a news platform designed for techie guys. If you want to know anything about the latest or trending technology, then look no further. You can find anything you are interested in as far as it is related to the tech industry.
Here is a summary of what is unique to this website:
- Unlike the common menu position that is found at the top fold (that is the horizontal bar at the top of the page), this has its menu located at the sidebar (the left sidebar).
- The website has a color theme of green and white. While the contents are written with the black text on a white background.
- It has a blogroll homepage.
- It is very user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- There is a context menu, and it is very clear and unambiguous.
Of course, almost everyone is familiar with Facebook. We could see that it also possible to build a socializing platform on WordPress.
The website’s unique characteristics are:
- A color theme of white and blue (do I even need to mention this!).
- A horizontal top bar menu.
- Very easy to navigate and user-friendly interface.
- Black text contents are written on white background.
- It has a static homepage with a section for trending, recent, and new announcements.
3. Usain Bolt
It is so profound to find out that WordPress is the technology behind to the world’s most renowned sports celebrity website (which is, Usain Bolt). Mr. Bolt is a Jamaican born sprinter that holds lots of the world’s sprint records (interesting fact – one more celebrity whose website is hosted on WordPress is Beyoncé).
Here are some of the distinctive features of this site:
- Usain Bolt’s website uses a color theme of green, white, and grey.
- The contents are a white text written on a gray background.
- The site is very convenient for perception and easy to navigate.
- The use of graphics is highly commendable. Giving a feeling of a one in one meeting with the celebrity himself.
- A horizontal top bar menu that is clear and concise.
Bata is an intercontinental shoe and fashion accessories producer that is owned by a Canadian. This company has its fashion and shopping website built on WordPress. Having it on our list, we are able to see the diversity of different websites that are been hosted on WordPress.
Here are some interesting details that can tell more about the site:
- The Official Homepage has just one page, which is a static page, and there you can choose your country. Thereafter, it takes one to one’s specific country’s website to shop.
- It has a color theme of candy apple red and white.
- The contents are a black text written on white background.
- Also has a horizontal top bar menu.
- User-friendly, and very easy to navigate as well.
5. Stanford University
Yes, one of the most famous universities in the world also utilizes WordPress. In different years, Stanford was attended by such notable people as Sergey Brin, a scientist and one of the creators of the Google search system, Philip Knight, a founder of Nike, and John Kennedy, 35th President of the United States.
A few words about this famous university’s website:
- The main colors of the website are red and white.
- It has a horizontal bar menu which is located at the very top of the site.
- Like all the above sites, this website is convenient and user-friendly.
- At the bottom of the main page, there is a sitemap which can help you go to the website’s main sections.
6. The White House
I think this organization needs no introduction. In case you still haven’t heard of it, The White House is the official residence and workplace of the President of the United States. Just think for a moment – one of the strongest governments in the world has entrusted its website to WordPress. If this is not a success for a tech company, then what?
Here is what we can add about one of the most important websites in the world:
- The site is based on a white color scheme with black fonts which makes the text very easy to read.
- The design is minimalistic and the website is not overloaded with fine details.
- The convenient location of icons and buttons makes the site very easy to use.
- At the very top of the website, there is a horizontal panel which allows you to quickly select the section you are interested in.
Last but not least. I think you agree that it would be strange if executives of WordPress decided to use another platform to support the work of their website. Yes, the site of one of the world’s most popular content management systems, besides all of the above, is also based on WordPress.
Here are some small observations about the site of WordPress:
- The site’s main color is blue, with an admixture of white and green colorings.
- Like all previous sites from our article, it is convenient and intuitive.
- The text is clearly visible due to the appropriate background and is easy to read.
- The site is not overloaded with details and all blocks with text go exactly one after the other.
WordPress is one of the most popular content management platforms in the world (according to several sources it is actually the most popular one, hosting more than 33% of the internet). A wide range of people and businesses prefer this platform to manage their websites on.
In our article, we gave you examples of 7 noteworthy sites that show that WordPress is popular in various spheres and industries.
Here they are:
- techcrunch.com – Tech Crunch is a technology-related news resource.
- newsroom.fb.com – Facebook Newsroom is a Facebook’s news feed.
- usainbolt.com – This is the website of Usain Bolt, a famous Jamaican born sprinter.
- bata.com – Bata is an international shoe and fashion accessories provider.
- stanford.edu – This website belongs to the world known Stanford University.
- whitehouse.gov – The official website of the White House, the residence of the President of America.
- wordpress.com – The official WordPress site also utilizes their platform.
What other remarkable WordPress-based websites can you mention? I’m sure, a lot…