In today’s competitive world, social media turns out to be the most effective medium of marketing your brand. These days, catching the attention of prospects is all about getting the perfect blend of social and digital interaction. Hence, community blogs or social networks are one such channel that businesses can use to build trust around their products. With the assistance of strong communities, businesses find it easier to cultivate the followers and enhance their brand image. For this reason, building a community on WordPress is one easy way of doing it and it seems to be pretty straightforward if using the right tools: WordPress community plugins.
Community Sites: A Detailed Synopsis
It is a tough task to keep your visitors engaged and have them come back to it. However, a website plays a major role here. It is generally a private social network where people communicate on topics of same interest to the members. With the availability of a plethora of WordPress community plugins, it has become simple to run a WordPress social network site. Such tools are handy as they keep people engaged on the site for a longer period of time.
Community sites are the ultimate medium to bring those people together who show interest in what you say. Those who wish to join your tribe sites, they need to first like what they saw. In addition to this, these sites are the perfect way to drive traffic to your site. If a number of people join your social-network site, then more interaction will happen that will raise your web traffic.
In this article, we have listed down some of the best WordPress social network plugins that will surely enhance your business. These plugins are specifically designed for setting up “tribe” websites using WordPress. Let’s have a look.
Best WordPress Community Plugins in a Nutshell
- Users ULTRA
- WP Symposium Pro
BuddyPress is the most popular social networking tool to integrate into your WordPress site. This plugin turns out to be beneficial for those users who are totally new to this WordPress world and offers good quality products and great support.
- Numerous plugins for extending the functionality.
- Laced with tons of advanced features.
- Available in varied languages, BuddyPress is a modern and sophisticated social network software with amazing add-on features.
- Makes addition of points system to ignite user engagement.
Youzer is a community & users profiles plugin which comes with tons and tons of awesome features. I do believe that it’s the only plugin you’ll need to power up your BudyPress based communities. A lot of work has been put into it and the results are quite impressive. No doubt it has a rating of 5 out of 5 stars!
This plugin is the most sought-after solution if you are planning to create an advanced user community in no time. This plugin can be easily integrated with any WordPress theme allowing you to add numerous fields depending on your requirements by using the Fields Customizer Tool.
- This plugin comes with “Follow” feature that allows the users to follow another user’s activity.
- Equipped with reCaptcha for protecting your site from bots and spammers.
- You can customize the available components with ease and make your community site as unique as your brand.
- The plugin allows users to sign up or log in by either using email or social networking sites.
UserPro is among the best WordPress community plugins that integrate seamlessly with several other WordPress plugins. This plugin comes with the option to follow/unfollow users, content restrictions, one-click sign up or photo uploads. In addition to this, it also comes with a whole range of payment methods, email marketing, social wall and much more.
- Fully responsive design that makes it look completely flawless on any screen size.
- This customizable plugin comes with five ready to use skins if you just wish to set it up and go live asap.
- Being available in 12 languages, this plugin also comes with translation-ready features.
- With the help of enhanced member directory option, you can showcase members in a beautiful way.
Created by Automattic, bbPress is among the best WordPress plugins for creating community forum websites. This plugin is a lightweight version that comes with simple design and an user-friendly interface. It can be easily integrated to your site making it simpler for clients to use.
- bbPress plugin comes in almost 11 languages.
- Can be integrated into any WordPress theme without any modification.
- bbPress is fast and lightweight as it does not have numerous bloats.
- 100+ plugins available for doing anything you want.
WP Symposium Pro is the perfect substitute to BuddyPress that includes social networking features integrated into various groups and forums. This plugin is designed in a way that it can be integrated with any WordPress plugin.
- Laced with impressive features like events, galleries and more.
- Can be integrated with Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Multivarious style templates come built into the plugin.
- Premium support is also available once you upgrade to the premium membership.
So, here we have listed some of the best WordPress community plugins that can make your community website grow. Whether you are interested in creating a community blog or forum, these plugins are the ultimate options for you. But, before you think of getting started, plan properly which type of community you wish to create, type of content you want to share and how that will add value to it. Don’t just start a social network site to be part of the crowd but do it if you have something important to bring back to the users.
Finally, when making the final choice for a plugin, have in mind features like speed, flexibility, and compatibility. These features will determine the overall experience of the visitors coming on your site. To your success!